brrr….baby it’s cold outside. Well, at least it is on the east coast. I don’t think I’ll ever stop day dreaming of my home city back in Sunny San Diego, but in the meantime, let me embrace the cold weather with some delicious soup!
I love soup…I cannot get enough of different variations of wholesome soup. I am not the biggest spicy sausage person. But I wanted to incorporate a kale soup that had a sausage like quality without the actual sausage haha. By all means, you can certainly sub the meat our for some sausage if you desire in this recipe. BUTTTT back to the beef…..Introducing 30 Minute Grass-fed Beef Kale Soup. I really love the balance of the proteins and carbs. It’s healthy and light but yet nutritiously filling. I adore that there’s no cream or any noodles, just wholesome soup. Everyone needs different varieties of soup from time to time instead of your typical chicken noodle soup, and why not explore a little.
This 30 Minute Grass-fed Beef Kale Soup can be whipped up so quickly so why not?!?! It’s a perfect meal for two, or an appetizer bowl for 4 when having a group over. If you want to serve the soup solo for a family of 4 then simply double the recipe. This recipe for 30 Minute Grass-fed Beef Kale Soup is so easy and straight forward and only takes… well 30 minutes duh!
Cheers! And stay out of the cold.
- 1.2-1.5 lbs grassfed beef
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- One quart organic gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- One can organic diced tomatoes
- One can organic great northern beans
- 1.5 tsp organic pepper
- Pinch of organic red chili flakes
- 3 tsp organic coconut sugar
- 3 cups organic kale of your choice chopped without stem
- Pinch of organic cinnamon
- 1 TBSP organic oil your choice
- Dash of organic lemon juice (I just take a small squeeze out of a fresh lemon)
- Fresh chopped parsley for topping
- 1. In a large pot brown beef with one tablespoon of oil and chopped garlic. Season with cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and paprika. Brown on high until 75% cooked.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium: Add in one quart of organic chicken broth, canned tomatoes, canned beans, kale, wine, apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp salt, ginger, coconut sugar, red chili flakes, .5 tsp pepper, dash of lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- 3. Simmer on medium for 20 minutes.
- 4. Remove desired portions into serving bowls and top off with fresh parsley
- This is a hearty meal for two or small bowl appetizers for four. If you want to serve for a family of four, simply double the recipe.