***NOTE: OMIT CHICKEN AND EGG FOR VEGAN
So I have been making this rice-less Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice for months and have put together such an easy and simple way to make it over and over again. When I first started experimenting with Cauliflower Fried Rice, I would get a little lazy because I had no idea they made minced cauliflower rice in a package all ready to go. So, although very tasty, I wasn’t looking forward to grinding the cauliflower in the food processor or blender (even though that doesn’t take very long either). You know, sometimes you just get lazy!!
Well, thanks to pre-riced cauliflower (I got mine from Trader Joes), my fried rice dreams came true so much easier LOL. Did you know this whole bag only has 20 grams of carbs? That’s amazing. There are so many options with cauliflower fried rice, you can make it vegan, vegetarian or as I made it with chicken (shrimp is also tasty) . The recipe literally took about 20 minutes including cooking the chicken and that’s about it.
I actually grew up making regular fried rice so I am very accustomed to eating fried rice in general haha. But I can eat so much of it, that I started paying attention to all the rice I was consuming plus the carbs alone and WHOA! Rice can get a little out of hand if you eat more than your daily allotment which is exactly what I do! Since I predominately like to stick to a grain-free diet anyway, with a little cheating here and there, Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is an excellent alternative!!
I started off by dicing up and stir frying some chicken that I lightly seasoned. I used Simply Organic Garlic Herb seasoning to keep it simple, but you can use whatever you have such as garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper….basically season your chicken to your liking or use some pre-seasoned left over chicken you have, or even parts of a premade whole chicken (for those busy moms) .
I then set the chicken aside and stir fried my frozen organic vegetable medley. I really love frozen organic vegetables because they are already prepped and fresh organic vegetables usually come at a premium….therefore making frozen organic veggies convenient especially when it comes to price. I then added in the cauliflower rice, garlic & onions, eggs, gluten-free soy sauce, seasonings/herbs and chicken.
I used Chosen Foods Avocado oil as my cooking oil of choice, but you can use Organic ghee or butter if not lactose intolerant or vegan to add a slightly different butter flavor if you desire.
Ok on to the recipe…enjoy!
Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 16oz bag of riced cauliflower
- 1/4 bag organic frozen vegetable medley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup organic chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves organic garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp organic turmeric (omit if you don't want turmeric adds an extra spice)
- 1 large piece of organic chicken breast diced (approx. 1.5-2 cups)
- 1/8 cup organic gluten-free soy sauce or terriyaki coconut aminos
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 TBSP cooking oil (I used Chosen Foods Avocado Oil)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (start with 1/2 tsp just depends what type of soy sauce you purchased with low or regular sodium)
- 1/4 tsp ground organic pepper
- 1/4 cup organic chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Heat large skillet on high with one TBSP of cooking oil. Throw in frozen vegetable medley. Stir around until ice diminishes but not thoroughly cooked.
- 2. Add in onions and garlic and stir for one minute
- 3. Toss remaining TBSP of oil and empty bag of riced cauliflower in skillet. Stir frequently on high for 8-10 minutes. Each stovetop is different so your goal is to achieve a slightly golden brown appearance
- 3. Crack three eggs and place directly over the riced cauliflower and spread around the egg yolk evenly and mix until eggs are thoroughly cooked
- 4. Reduce heat to low: Add soy sauce or aminos, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric
- 5. Stir evenly - toss over rice fresh parsley - remove and serve