Can we say yum, healthy and refreshing? I love shrimp. I grew up eating seafood and shrimp prepared in all different types of recipes. You can literally do anything to shrimp and not have it taste bad (well sort of haha). Shrimp just has an amazing texture which gives you so many options to experiment. Introducing Easy Paleo Asian Italian Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. For some reason I had San Francisco on my mind when I made these. The bay area has a great way to fuse all sorts of different cultures together so you get tasty varieties wherever you go. I wanted to incorporate a little bit of Asian infused with a dash of Italian to achieve one big bang but still subtle. Nothing too overbearing but just simple, healthy and tasty enough to add with lettuce.
I swear this Easy Paleo Asian Italian Shrimp Lettuce Wraps recipe reminds me of being at an Asian fusion eatery in San Francisco. It is super low carb and just a whole lot of veggies incorporated into the dish. Take a look at how easy this little shrimp taco is to fold.
Sometimes lettuce wraps can get a tad bit messy, and that’s why I really love these shrimp wraps as it wasn’t all over the place and gave the perfect amount of flavor with each bite. I just had to take a picture of these Easy Paleo Asian Italian Shrimp Lettuce Wraps after my first bite and show you how it’s still in tact. The shrimp was just moist enough without being too overdone and had the right amount of juice to it – if ya know what I mean.
This Easy Paleo Asian Italian Shrimp Lettuce Wraps dish is perfect for an appetizer at a party as you can just scoop and make your own taco, or it could be a main meal for you and a loved one. Hope you enjoy all the flavors. Let me know what you think!
Easy Paleo Asian Italian Shrimp Tacos
- 2 lbs Jumbo Shrimp halved down middle
- 1/3 cup organic sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tsp white wine
- 1/2 head organic green romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded organic carrots
- 1 cup organic plum tomatoes halved
- 3 fresh chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup organic green onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp organic Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp truffled salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup beans sprouts
- Desired amount organic sesame seeds
- 1. In a hot wok or stir frying pan, heat oil on medium high
- 2. toss in shrimp and stir around for 1 minute and then add garlic and carrots
- 3. continue tossing on medium high for additional minute
- 4. reduce heat to medium low, add butter, green onions, white wine and continue stirring around for up to an additional 5 minutes (each stovetop varies) just make sure shrimp is thoroughly cooked
- 5. Add herb seasoning, salt and pepper
- 6. you want to ensure the sauce is thickened at this point and remove from heat
- 7. Place on a plate and top off with tomatoes, beans sprouts, and sesame seeds
- 8. Take half a head of lettuce and peel each leaf off. rinse thoroughly and chop off dead dirty ends
- 9. take one lettuce add your desired amount of shrimp and serve like tacos