I always love a good marinade as it truly makes all the difference in the taste of your meal – especially proteins. The Asian flare combined with a little citrus can always liven up your chicken. You can really put this marinade on any type of chicken meat, however, for this meal I chose a lean chicken breast. The combination of soy sauce, honey and lemon/lime all mixed together really provides a tasty fusion of goodness in this Gluten-Free Asian Honey Lemon Lime Chicken recipe.
I used to own BBQ grill, but when we moved into a townhouse for a year, I wasn’t able to BBQ anymore because of the community regulations. Therefore, this Gluten-Free Asian Honey Lemon Lime Chicken was the perfect recipe for a stove top/oven chicken recipe that easily resembled that BBQ I so loved. It is a great marinade you can either prepare the night before and allow the chicken to soak overnight or easily prep in the morning before work. When you get home, just toss on the stove, then in the oven and serve with a side dish. How about serve the chicken with these mashed potatoes? Don’t the mashed potaterrrssss look so good? Trust me, they taste good and no one even knows they are gluten and dairy free.
Anyhow, back to the chicken…it’s an awesome summer meal – try it out
Gluten-Free Asian Honey Lemon Lime Chicken
- 4 organic large chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 1 tbsp organic garlic powder
- 1 tbsp organic onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic pepper
- 1/2 tsp organic ginger
- 1/2 tsp organic italian herbs
- 1/3 cup organic gluten free soy sauce
- 1 squeezed organic lemon
- 1/2 squeezed organic lime
- 1. In a large bowl mix all marinade ingredients, toss in chicken and refrigerate for two to four hours. It's even tastier overnight if you can!
- 2. Heat a grilling pan to med-hi and place chicken breasts on each side for about 2-3 minutes on each side. You have to monitor your chicken and make sure it doesn't look burned, but the goal is to get a deep golden dark striped exterior appearance.
- 3. Heat oven to 350 degrees and place chicken on a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Everyone preps and cooks differently so please monitor and check your chicken at 20 minutes to ensure if it needs more baking or if it's just perfect. Plus, the thickness of chicken breasts vary. Just place a slice in the middle of the chicken to see. TIP: while chicken is baking this gives you time to prep for a side dish)