I love delicious quality ingredients, especially when it comes to a sauce. A good sauce is everything and can really add tons of flavor to your meal. Here’s a Gluten-Free Chimichurri Sauce I made for Chosen Foods using their delicious Avocado oil.
The word Chimichurri is just funny to me. Sounds like a shimmy dance move combined with a churro. However, this is not related to a Mexican churro dessert but rather an Argentinean inspired delight. I remember when I tasted this delicious sauce for the first time at a Latin eatery. I ordered a skirt steak with a side of this sauce and WOW I had to go home and perfect it, and put a little Sheila spin to it. I am a big fusion person! I love fusing flavors and herbs to create this one big massive science project! I promise this doesn’t taste like a bad science experiment and will leave you wanting to store jars of this Gluten-Free Chimichurri Sauce in your fridge.
All the aromas of the fresh herbs and wine combined with a sweet and sour tang, just tastes like a piece of heaven. This Gluten-Free Chimichurri Sauce sauce is perfect for steaks, chicken, shrimp, fish, a spread on bread….sheesh you name it! You can spread this bad boy over anything. I have to refrain myself from repeatedly poking my finger in the processor (when it’s off of course) and tasting this sauce before serving at dinner. YUM! I think I’ll go make another batch of Chimichurri sauce right now!! mmmmm..
- 1.5 cups organic parsley
- 1 cup organic cilantro
- 3 organic garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 organic pepper
- 1/2 tsp organic red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp organic raw Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine (organic if possible)
- 1 tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp organic white sugar or agave
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Non-GMO avocado oil (I use Chosen Foods)
- 1/2 an organic lime
- 1. In a food processor blend all ingredients except avocado oil to a fine mixture
- 2. Pour in avocado oil and pulse for a couple of seconds, but don't pulse too much as you don't want it blended completely - or else it will turn into a soup like texture. The goal is to have a half inch layer of oil appearance over all the other ingredients.
- 3. Pour in a bowl and serve