Ever since I was a little girl and as long as I can remember, I have been intolerant to dairy. Participating in birthday celebrations with ice cream cones has sadly never been a fond memory for me, since I always pouted in the corner unable to dunk my face in the cream with the other kids.
Fast forward a few decades, it’s automatic that I’m on the hunt for dairy-free creamer options as this busy mom loves to cook. It’s a tough world sometimes being dairy-free hmpfff…BUTTTT here’s an amazing solution that I came across called Nature’s Dairy-Free Creamer Nutpods! In a nutshell (no pun intended), the founder Madeline Haydon grew tired of the few grocery store options out there and decided to create her own line free from titanium dioxide, mono and diglycerides, and hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils.
This dairy-free alternative is conveniently vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO. The first thing that caught my eye and stood out was the packaging. Why? Because most almond milks or creamers come in these huge containers, and nutpods are the perfect size (11.2 fl oz) for on the go. What I immediately thought of was this is the perfect size to place in your work fridge without everyone accusing you of hogging up all the space. Perfect idea for traveling too as it doesn’t need refrigeration until you open it!
What are some other good things about the nutpods? Amazingly they are also FREE from: Carrageenan, Dairy, Soy, Gluten, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Refined Sugars & Sugar Alcohols, and Artificial Flavors. Basically, made without all the extra stuff that’s on the shelves these days. Doesn’t this sound exciting?
Additionally, these tasty nutpods are made from almonds and coconuts which combines a unique awesome blend of goodness. Each of the flavors provide a creamy texture that’s not too thick or thin.
Do they have a variety? Yes! nutpods come in a variety of flavors and you can do all sorts of things with them!
They also have an Original Flavor which is my favorite because I can make all sorts of things with it. I can add the original flavor to my gluten-free oatmeal, cereal, smoothies, overnight oats or chia pudding, baking recipes (green bean casserole, pies, cakes and even cook with it too!)…there are endless cooking options like soups, mashed potatoes, or pasta sauce! I actually created a pasta recipe at the bottom of this post using the original nutpod flavor if you keep scrolling.
Another neat fact about this brand is that they were initially funded with Kickstarter, how cool is that?! So happy to see independent brands with a great concept make it in this world so that you and I can enjoy the yumminess life has to offer! You can check out their Kickstarter campaign here. Let’s be supportive to brands that help us folks out in the dairy-free area and if you want to try out Nature’s Dairy-Free Creamer Nutpods, now through the end of March 2016 use the code: “rgfm20off” to receive 20% off your purchase.
Check out the recipe I referred to earlier which I know you’ll love and it’s Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free too! Enjoy the Beef Pasta in a Creamy Marinara!
****I did want to note that this product does contain gums, so if you are sensitive to gums please take into consideration.****
- -One 8 oz bag of your favorite organic, gluten free penne pasta (I used Ancient Harvest)
- -One pound organic 85/15 ground beef (I used Whole Foods Market)
- -One 14.5 oz can organic diced tomatoes (I used Woodstock Foods)
- -One 8 oz can organic tomato sauce
- -One organic green bell pepper
- -One organic yellow bell pepper
- -1.5 tbsp Simply Organic "Pepper and More" seasoning
- -.5 tbsp Simply Organic "garlic herb" seasoning
- -1/2 cup nutpods original creamer
- -2 tbsp favorite oil (I used Chosen Foods)
- - pinch of organic fresh parsley
- 1. heat water in a pot and cook your pasta - when done strain and set aside
- 2. Stir fry beef in a large skillet until it appears medium done and all the juices have released. Remove skillet from heat and use a strainer, strain beef to get all the juices out. Add tbsp of oil to your skillet. Add beef back to skillet without juices and stir fry on high until deep golden brown
- 3. Add one tbsp "pepper and more", remove beef from skillet and set aside on a plate
- 4. In same skillet add one tbsp oil and stir fry your bell peppers to a medium golden brown and add remaining .5 tbsp of "pepper and more" to peppers
- 5. Reduce heat to low and Add diced can of tomatoes and tomato sauce
- 6. Add 1/2 cup of creamer and Add "garlic herb" seasoning to the sauce
- 7. Add pasta and beef back to large skillet and mix all together. Remove from heat
- Top off with fresh parsley and serve.
Nature’s Dairy-Free Creamer Nutpods Review