I like eggs, but I don’t like them enough to eat the same style everyday. Eggs are a rather important component to a lot of my baking and cooking somehow, but it’s not often the main featured item if you get what I mean. Scrambled, over easy, sunny side up, omelettes…..just gets old to me. I love variety – you have to switch it up once in awhile to keep eggs interesting. Imagine potatoes, bacon, veggies all rolled all up in one meal but not scrambled or an omelet? It even gets better, how about your moist potatoes fried in your leftover bacon fat? Enter, Organic Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Frittata.
This Organic Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Frittata is sort of like an omelette pie if you will……and a sure crowd pleaser if you have several people over for breakfast or brunch. It’s a great idea if you’re trying to serve something other than the norm of scrambled eggs, PLUS gives you some free hands while they bake. Yes, you bake them….I’ll get to that part later.
I love this Organic Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Frittata because it’s an all inclusive one stop shop. By that I mean you get all the goodies in literally one bite. It’s not messy all over the plate, it’s perfectly uniformed in one beautiful pie slice as you can see here.
Can you believe no oil is necessary for this deliciousness? The key to this tasty Organic Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Frittata was bacon fat…..yep bacon! I first used my awesome 10 inch non-stick hard anodized PFOA-free Anolon cooking pan to fry up chopped bacon. Once I removed the bacon, the left over grease was there and that’s what made these potatoes so awesome!! Toss in the potatoes, cook them to perfection….add in your veggies, seasonings, and egg mixture, then bake it and voila!!!!!!! Oh, and the cool thing is I take the frying pan and stick it right in the oven as well since it can withhold heat up to 400 degrees.
If you’d like to make this paleo, just omit the potatoes. Happy breakfast, brunch, dinner, snack….you name it….happy eating!
- 5 med-large organic eggs
- 2 organic russet potatoes
- 3 organic uncooked pieces of bacon chopped
- 3/4 cup organic chopped red, yellow, orange bell peppers
- 1/2 cup organic tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves organic garlic chopped
- 1 tsp organic Italian herbs
- 1. In a 10 inch oven safe frying pan (since you will be baking after you fry), fry your bacon pieces to an almost done texture. You don’t want to over do this since again it will go in the oven. Unless you like your bacon extra crispy, it’s all personal preference.
- 2. Remove the bacon pieces and set aside. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- 3. Heat on medium high and toss in your chopped potatoes. Fry your potatoes periodically stirring for about 8-10 min. Toss in garlic and bell peppers about 2/3 of the way. Toss in about 3/4 a tsp of each of the salt and pepper over the veggies and potatoes and stir. At this point all the bacon fat should be absorbed by the potatoes and veggies. If it’s not enough bacon frying fat, you can add in a slight bit of olive oil but it should be just varies with the size of your potatoes.
- 4. In a separate bowl, use a fork to mix the eggs and remaining ingredients such as: herbs, tomatoes, bacon and last bit of salt and pepper.
- 5. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- 6. Pour the egg mixture directly in the pan stir around and place in the oven - bake for 15 minutes
- 7. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.