Homemade Potato salad……yes please!!!!!!! Have you ever been to a party where someone just brought a big ol’ tub of pre-made potato salad from the store? I start to cringe whenever I see the infamous yellow tub of salad because I really don’t know what has been used in the ingredients..plus it’s so important for me to eat organic potatoes and eggs. Therefore, why not make it yourself! Introducing Organic Gluten-Free Dairy Free Potato Salad.
I love adding fruits and vegetables to my potato salad. I mean who wants plain boring potato salad? No offense to grandma’s sweet potato salad recipe though 🙂 But, I like to give my potato salad a little bang! How about throwing in some cranberries and apples for a change to have a fusion of flavors in your mouth? Your taste buds will start to do the happy dance with each and every bite.
Of course I added in a few components of your traditional potato salad such as celery and eggs. I really like to achieve multiple flavors on the palate, that’s why I incorporate some seasonings and herbs that will really give it a kick!
This is for sure a crowd winner and can be served at a football game party to even a more upscale dinner with your friends. It’s so versatile and that’s what I love about this Organic Gluten-Free Dairy Free Potato Salad!
I know you will enjoy all this organic fresh taste and you can’t go wrong! It is a spin on your traditional potato salad and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Organic Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Potato Salad
- 5 small-med organic russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 green organic apple diced
- 2 organic celery stalks diced
- 2 organic carrots diced
- 1/3 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup organic yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup organic dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp organic oregano
- 1 tsp organic fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp himalayan fine salt
- 1/4 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp organic nutmeg
- 3-4 tbsp fresh organic parsley
- 1/2 tbsp organic smoked paprika
- 1. Boil already peeled/cubed potatoes until you can stab a fork through (be careful not to over boil or they become mushy) *A tip is to put a pinch of salt in the boiling water to help flavor.
- 2. In a separate pot, boil the eggs
- 3. Drain potatoes once done, and rinse thoroughly in cold water through a strainer (set aside and let it cool down completely before tossing them around to prevent them being stuck together).
- 4. Put cooked hard boiled eggs in a bowl of cold and allow to sit and cool down
- 5. While the eggs and potatoes are thoroughly cooling down, make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, nutmeg, cinnamon, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 6. Peel and dice the eggs
- 7. In a large bowl combine, eggs, potatoes, cranberries, celery, carrots and apples
- 8. Add the sauce in and stir with a large spoon carefully
- 9. Add in fresh parsley and sprinkle with Paprika
- Last tip, I am highly sensitive to chopped onions, however I would add in a few tbsps of red chopped onions if you desire as I used to love the flavor until I discovered I was allergic!