Now that summer is here, it’s awesome to have a great meal idea handy for a party that everyone can snack on. Have no idea what to bring? Or how about a light meal to enjoy with your family sitting in the backyard? Maybe a hearty snack while watching your favorite sports? Introducing, Organic Gluten-Free Ground Beef Taco Skillet.
I love summer gatherings in Cali (California for short in case some of you didn’t know haha)…….sitting in the fresh breeze outside and staring at palm trees. So why not munch on a meal that incorporates a few of my favorite ingredients inspired by some friends south of the border with a little Cali vibe added to it. Nothing but fresh stuff in this one guys. It’s so fast and easy, your friends will surely be asking for the recipe. What’s also great is if you’re headed to a party, you can cover this bad boy up and heat it in the oven for a few minutes once you get there. Also, using a great skillet is everything to me….let me tell you why briefly. I am a busy mom, and need the right tools to cook my meats and veggies properly – this is where non-stick pans come into play. However, you don’t want to get just any non-stick pans because I have been there and done that. You use a pan for about a month and works great the first five times, but then you start to see residue and eventually the pans are just one big waste of time and money. I love my ®Analon Hard-Anondized bronze set as they are non-stick, sturdy not flimsy, have a life-time warranty, PFOA free, and love how the handles are not metal!! They are also oven safe up to 400 degrees. Ok, back to the recipe.
It’s so awesome just dipping your (paleo) chips or if only gluten-free (tortilla chips) into the skillet. If Paleo, omit the corn and beans as well (you can always sub in a favorite veggie). Sometimes it’s fun to just leave the beef in the skillet and have at it! If you want to transport it, then you can leave it in these non-stick skillets by ®Analon, or placing into a ®pyrex container (they’re awesome!) or serving on a nice white large casserole dish. Enjoy.
- 1.5 pounds grass-fed 85/15 ground beef
- 3 tbsp Simply Organic "Chop" Grilling Seasoning
- 2 tbsp organic or non-GMO cooking oil
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt or truffled salt
- 1 tsp organic pepper
- 1 large organic tomato chopped
- 1 large organic corn ear boiled and cut off the cob
- 2 tbsp organic fresh parsley
- 1 can dark red organic kidney beans
- 1. In a large skillet, heat on medium high and add oil
- 2. Add in ground beef
- 3. Stir fry and medium high until a deep dark golden texture appears (approx 6-7 on my stovetop)
- 4. Reduce heat to medium low, add in simply organic chop seasoning
- 5. Continue to stir and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes on medium low.
- 6. Add in drained kidney beans and corn (I add these last because they will get too mushy if you add right away). Cook on low for a few additional minutes or until all thoroughly cooked, making sure to not overcook the beans
- 7. Add salt and pepper and stir
- 8. Remove from heat and top off with tomatoes and fresh parsley
- Tip: If meat looks a little dry, just add in a 1-2 tbsp of water and that gives it more of a juicy effect
Organic Gluten-Free Ground Beef Taco Skillet