Gumbo. Better yet, Organic Paleo Chicken Sausage Gumbo with Coconut Milk . I thought to myself I wanted a chicken and a sausage combo combined in a soup like form..but not a soup. Something thicker and heartier but dairy-free. That’s where this Organic Paleo Chicken Sausage Gumbo with Coconut Milk came to life. The pressure cooker is my best friend when it comes to this recipe. It’s so easy to pop all the ingredients and have it done for you in less than 30 minutes. The awesome thing about using a pressure cooker is this Organic Paleo Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Coconut Milk tastes like it had been brewing all day.
I love gumbo on a hot or cold day. The fresh organic ingredients really make you feel like you’re eating a whole and hearty meal without feeling like you’re in a food coma. The bell peppers really add a nice mix to it too.
Top this Organic Paleo Chicken Sausage Gumbo with Coconut Milk with some fresh cilantro and you’re set to feed your group of hungry people 🙂
Organic Paleo Chicken Sausage Gumbo with Coconut Milk
- 8-10 organic boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 2 organic gluten-free sausages sliced
- 1/2 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 5 peeled organic garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp organic pepper
- 1/2 cup organic fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic red bell pepper chopped
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup organic yellow onion diced
- 1/3 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp organic coriander seasoning
- 1 tbsp organic thyme seasoning
- 1. In a pressure cooker, toss in all ingredients except, onion, sausage, bell peppers and cilantro. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 2. Open and toss in remaining ingredients except cilantro for additional 15 minutes.
- 3. Take out and serve over organic rice (non-paleo) or by itself - top with fresh cilantro.