Ok, these Organic Vegan Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes make you want to never leave your house again. I could literally eat 50 of these a day while watching my favorite show, American Idol. What’s awesome is they are the perfect bite size for parties or children, and you don’t have to feel guilty as they are healthy for you too. Everyone will try these tasty bites and have no clue they are dairy-free, gluten-free and organic! They taste so good and resemble cheesecake so much, except they are healthier. Well, other than my other recipe for a whole Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake.
Cashews really do these non-dairy cheesecakes justice. It’s so funny that ground up cashews can actually make a cheesecake texture. I mean cashews for goodness sakes! Here’s a picture during the middle process making these scrumptious little guys. On this step, I’ve poured the layers into the muffin cup.
Isn’t that swirl so pretty? Trust me, it’s just as pretty to eat too. The fresh taste of organic strawberries swirled with subtle hints of coconut make this Organic Vegan Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes recipe a sure winner!
Perfect on a hot or cold day, these mini cheesecakes are delightful any time of the year and for any occasion. Make these for a vegan, or a gluten and dairy-free friend and they will become your best friend for life.
Organic Vegan Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 cup Organic Almonds
- 7 Organic Medjool Dates
- 1/4 cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- Pinch of Himalanian pink salt
- 1 cup Organic Raw Cashews (soaked for at least 6 hours in water- easiest is to just soak overnight)
- 1/2 cup Organic Frozen Strawberry Slices or whole
- 1/4 cup Organic Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 1 Whole Organic Lemon Squeezed
- 1/2 Cup Organic Frozen Strawberries defrosted
- 2 tbsp Organic Agave Nectar
- 1. Remove the pits from the dates and soak in warm water for 10 mins. Drain water from the dates and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Puree and periodically scrape sides down until the nuts are completely crumbled and dough texture.
- 3. Cut 6 strips of 6 in L x 1 in W parchment paper and place on the bottom of each muffin cup. *This will help removal process*
- 4. Take crust mixture and evenly distribute into the bottom of the 6 muffin cups. Place muffin tray while you make the filling.
- 5. Drain cashews. Place them in a clean food processor along with frozen strawberries, vanilla extract, agave nectar, melted coconut oil, and lemon juice and blend to smooth purée. Pour filling evenly into the 6 muffin cups. Place in the freezer while making the strawberry topping.
- 6. In a clean food processor, blend strawberries and agave for the topping until purée.
- 7. Remove tray from freezer and evenly pour the strawberry topping in each muffin cup. Use a toothpick and make swirls.
- 8. Place back in the freezer for two hours. When ready to serve, defrost at room temp for 15-20 minutes or your desired texture. Pull both sides of parchment paper for removal.