Paleo Nachos. I mean who doesn’t love nachos? As a kid, I remember being at the fair and ordering some greasy nachos from the infamous food trucks. Then as a grown adult, nachos are what you order along side your not so tasty hot dog at the ballpark, and down it with a huge 32 oz soda. When I went gluten-free, I still had access to sour cream and cheese. To put it lightly, my gluten-free nachos were always drenched in dairy. After discovering that I could no longer have dairy, I was super sad because I wanted the cheese! I had to think of some delicious nachos that would satisfy my craving but yet contained no dairy. This was a challenge and experimented a lot. Introducing Paleo Nachos.
This type of meal is so quick and easy. Sure, you can make your own sweet potato chips. However, I really appreciate the brand from Terra, as they just use oil and no added sugars. If you read any of my other posts with potatoes, you will learn I always prefer organic potatoes. However, I will make an exception once in awhile for non-GMO – so that’s a definite bonus about these chips. When our family has a long day, there’s nothing easier than whipping together these paleo nachos. It’s hearty and so tasty at the same time, with just the right amount of a nacho feeling to it.
For these paleo nachos, I love using organic ground beef, organic tomatoes, and homemade guacamole. You can find the recipe for homemade organic guacamole here. I also firmly believe that the flavors in the meat are so crucial to a good dish of paleo nachos. This can really make or break your dish. I love putting together my own taco/nacho seasonings from scratch, but when I am too tired or lazy the second best option is using Simply Organics Taco seasoning (not GF certified but no GF ingredients used). It’s an absolute must for me to use Organic seasonings and wow what a great alternative to making it yourself! The packet really takes the guess work out for you, and you really end up with some tasty paleo nachos.
- 1 lb organic ground beef
- 1 packet of @simplyorganic taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I use chosen foods avocado oil)
- 1 Organic Tomato
- 1/2 bag Non-Gmo Sweet Potato Chips (I use Terra)
- **see my site for organic guacamole recipe
- 1. Fry ground beef with avocado oil in a skillet over med-hi until you've cooked it thoroughly and it's a deep golden brown all over. (I prefer to strain the beef when done draining the excess oil in a metal strainer). Place beef back in skillet and add the simplyorganic taco seasoning and follow their mix instructions.
- 2. While beef is frying, make the guacamole (see my recipe for guacamole)
- 3. Slice up the tomato into small squares
- 4. Toss everything over your favorite sweet potato chips